:: Doctoral student in network analysis and visualisation ::
The UHasselt Data Science Institute in Belgium (www.uhasselt.be/dsi) fosters collaboration among data science experts across disciplines. As part of this new institute, the Visual Data Analysis Lab is interested in applying interactive data visualisation to support data scientists in gaining insight in their complex data.
To further extend our expertise in contextualisation of data analysis, the lab will be hiring a doctoral student in the field of topological data analysis where we convert high-dimensional datasets into networks in order to extract meaningful patterns. More specifically, this involves research in the definition of feature vectors in multiple domains, graph distance metrics, and generation and qualitative analysis and comparison of networks. Application domains include life sciences (epidemiology, genomics, patient stratification, …), archaeology and others.
- A strong MSc degree in computer science or design, or a field related to human-computer interaction
- Some experience in visual design or data visualisation (e.g. using D3)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
The successful candidate will be appointed for a period of 2+2 years at UHasselt.
How to apply
For more information regarding this function, please contact email@example.com.
Please send - in PDF format:
- curriculum vitae
- motivation letter
- examples of previous work
- list of 3 people (including contact details) who can act as references